Town’s Government Access Channel –
Time Warner Cable (TWC) is on Channel 8
. b) Atlantic Telephone Membership Cooperative (ATMC) is on Channel 2
Garbage and Trash Removal:
Garbage and trash must be placed at the end of the residential driveway no sooner than the night before the day of collection and returned the day after collection
. a) Garbage pails – every Tuesday and Saturday (June through September)
. b) Curbside Recycling – every Tuesday (June through September)
. * If blue trash can is at property
All parties are expected to act with respect and regard toward all members of the community
Concerts by the Sea –
• Free concerts every Sunday at 6:30 p.m. during the summer at The Pavilion
. a) Bring your lawn chair with you
Turtle Talk –
• Educational program every Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. during the summer at Town Hall
• Children’s Turtle Time held every Wednesday at 4:00 p.m.
. a) Crafts, stories and activities for children ages 3 – 6
. b) All children must be accompanied by an adult
A Second Helping –
• Program to collect food Saturday mornings during the summer at the Beach Mart • Food is distributed to the needy in Brunswick County
Island Wide – Rules & Regulations
. 1) Note posted speed limit signs
§ Chapter 71 –Traffic Schedules / Schedule I – Speed Limits
. 2) Observe signs for exact parking prohibitions.
. a) No parking anytime on Ocean Boulevard or within 25 feet of any intersection
. b) Do not leave any portion of vehicle in designated travel lane of any street
. c) Do not block crosswalks, sidewalks, access ways, driveways, or mailboxes
. d) No parking within 15 feet of any fire hydrant or emergency vehicle access
§ Chapter 72 –Parking Schedules / Schedule I – Parking Prohibited At All Times
. 3) Fireworks are not allowed on the island. They will be confiscated by the Police if found.
§ 130.15 / Sale or use of fireworks are prohibited
Beach Strand – Rules & Regulations
1) There are no lifeguards on the beach strand. Rip tides are dangerous. When swimming, if you get caught in a rip tide pulling you away from shore, swim parallel to the shoreline until you get out of the current — do not try to swim against the current back to shore.
2) Keep off the dunes
3) All beach equipment must be removed from the beach by its owner or permitted user on a daily basis between the hours of 6pm and 7am.
§ 94.06 / Placing obstructions on the beach strand
4) Pets are not allowed on the beach strand from May 20th to September 10th
. • During the hours of 9:00am through 5:00pm daily
§ 90.20 / Responsibilities of owners
a) Pets must be on a leash at all times on the island.
b) Owner’s need to clean up after their animals (It’s their doody!)
5) It is unlawful to dig into the sand on any part of the beach strand greater than 12 inches deep, without having a responsible person attending the area. Prior to leaving the area, any hole greater than 12 inches deep shall be filled to be level with the surrounding area, leaving the area in the same general condition in which it was found.
§ 94.05 / Digging of holes on beach strand
6) Alcoholic beverages are not allowed anywhere on the beach strand.
§ 130.03 / Sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages prohibited
7) Trash receptacles are placed along the beach for your convenience
. a) Please do not litter.
§ 130.30 / Littering prohibited
8) Only emergency and official Town Staff vehicles are allowed to drive on the beach.
§ 94.01 / Official vehicles allowed on beach strand
§ 94.02 / Privately owned vehicles prohibited on beach strand
9) If you want to fish a North Carolina Coastal Recreational Fishing License is required, please be courteous to those swimming and relaxing nearby.